Manager of Educational Partnerships
Location : Chicago, Illinois
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE seeks a Manager of Educational Partnerships to join our WE Schools Department which develops and implements unique programming to engage youth in learning about social issues and taking action on local and global programming.
The position is based out of the WE Schools Illinois office in Chicago.
The Manager serves as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of Educational Organizations and Foundations involved with WE and our domestic programs. A minimum three year commitment is required. There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of WE’s Illinois office in Chicago.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for maintaining and growing the educational partnerships WE has with large educational foundations and organizations in the Midwest.
• Information management and support relating to complex multi-year partnership commitments
• Represents WE and the organization’s priorities to their educational partners and represents the partners’ needs and interests to other WE departments internally
• Accountable for maintaining the health and success of the portfolio of partners with a key focus on partner retention, growth and expansion and also escalation of any new opportunities or risks associated with the portfolio
• Collaborating and bringing together internal departments, consultants and partner expertise to co-create educational resources that further the mandate of our partners and our program in fulfillment of supporting educators across the Midwest
• Liaise with Content and Curriculum Team, Creative and Communications, and Youth and Educational Programming; will advise on timelines and schedules
• Lead internal training and implementation of the program and the partnership to ensure successful adoption of course curriculum by external stakeholders
Internal Program Management:
• Working with multiple departments at the WE headquarters in Toronto to ensure the success of program deliverables
• Working closely with front-line staff to ensure team members are trained to support the educational partnerships and its stakeholders
• Responsible for aligning internal teams and departments on the priorities of these partnerships; providing clarity of what success looks like for these partnerships
• Overseeing the creation and delivery of partnership materials and assets
• Responsible for leading WE’s partnership strategy as well as the monitoring and evaluation of the partnership and its deliverables
• Work with educational partners to create and deliver relevant trainings to educators and related groups
• Takes a leadership role on the reporting, project planning and tracking of all partnership deliverables and milestones
Skills and Qualifications:
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally at a school district or government agency
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree, and possess a diploma or certificate in education, project management or equivalent education. Masters in Education, Public Policy or Communications is strongly preferred
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for professional audiences
• Experience working with schools and/or school administrative bodies and/or youth required
• Proven exceptional relationship management with senior‐level stakeholders
• Familiarity with American and local educational systems, including Advanced Placement
• Demonstrated passion for social justice and service
• Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills
• Experience writing strategic plans, analyzing data to compose program reports and proposals
• Ability to work with senior level management to carry-out vision and objectives, and ability to communicate this information to the broader team
• Demonstrated experience and/or ability to deliver several programs, happening simultaneously
• Highly self‐motivated, independent and strategic thinker
• Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines;
• Ability to collaborate with others, bring together multiple view points and establish solutions that meet the goals of the group
• Demonstrated flexibility and initiative, particularly when faced with challenges
• Ability to time-manage and multi‐task in a demanding and fast‐paced work environment
• Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player with all levels of management
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
• Desire and willingness to travel periodically for work
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcome all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered qualified for an interview will be contacted.