Head, Individual and Family Giving
Location : Toronto, Ontario
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision
is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission
is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
is seeking a strong leader to work as Head, Individual & Family Giving, WE Charity,
to support the team in planning and executing strategy to achieve revenue goals and increase overall engagement across organizational platforms. The incumbent will report directly to the Executive Director
, acting as an ambassador for the organization, while growing an important division.
The success of WE Charity’s Individual & Family Giving team is measured by:
- The number of families engaged in the WE Movement (via donors, trips, camps, etc.),
- The quality of relationships,
- The strength of programming to build and retain pipeline, and
- Achieving year-end financial targets to support WE programming globally.
The WE Charity Individual & Family Giving team seeks an experienced leader who will continually strengthen these objectives and relationships in order to achieve targets. The individual will lead the enhancement and expansion of WE Charity across current and new markets, drive strategic planning, and oversee day-to-day operations and financial management of the Individual & Family Giving team, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure organizational objectives and priorities are achieved. The Head, Individual & Family Giving, WE Charity
will report to, and consult with, the Executive Director of New Revenue, lead the 25-person team, and collaborate with other teams across WE Charity and ME to WE as required
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto
- Set the overall strategic direction of the Individual & Family Giving team by establishing goals and short-term and long-term objectives that are aligned with the overall strategic planning initiatives of the organization.
- Lead planning and management of internal activities to ensure sustainable and successful client interactions and engagement at all levels of giving.
- Develop and lead financial projections, planning, management, reporting and oversight of the Individual & Family Giving budget.
- Drive integrated annual planning, with a focus on 360 engagement.
- Perfect each aspect of team functionality – donor prospecting, engagement, stewardship, research, and re-engagement.
- Review operational areas for possible reengineering opportunities, reorganizing operations to drive improvements in productivity and take advantage of best practices.
- Provide ongoing leadership by using effective management techniques, implementing change management and performance management processes, and developing personnel so that employees are competent and qualified to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
- Lead hiring practices in a cost-effective, scalable and sustainable manner.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to team members to ensure retention.
- Conduct and monitor performance evaluations/growth and success plans.
- Facilitate a culture of open and honest communications, while maintaining strict professionalism at all times.
What you bring:
- Manage relationships with some of the organizations highest level donors, including approximately 100+ lead prospective donors with the ongoing expectation to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important relationships
- Travel throughout Canada and the United States for donor meetings, WE Day events and Major Gift related activities and potential travel to international sites.
- Steward the engagement of major donors, ensuring a compelling stakeholder experience and ongoing involvement with WE programming, both domestically and internationally
- Act as the ultimate escalation point to ensure client satisfaction through responsiveness to inquiries, with prompt and effective problem-solving
- Model industry standards around fundraising and donor support in the most ethical and effective manner
What makes us unique…
- 12+ years of high-level giving and fundraising, team management, as well as relevant experience in stakeholder management
- Professional experience leading, coaching and motivating teams with the ability to effectively advise on priorities and deadlines, operating as a fully accountable leader
- Proven experience in operations optimization
- Excellent strategic, lateral thinking, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to effectively plan, develop, implement and undertake special projects
- Experience working with regional teams and partners across Canada, US and UK
- Demonstrated ability to lead change within a complex organization, build effective working relationships, and manage diverse stakeholders' needs and interests
- Experience across all aspects of team functionality – donor prospecting, engagement, stewardship, research, and re-engagement
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma
- CFRE strongly preferred
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work alongside executives
- Able to build healthy and trusting relationships within the team
- Able to deliver results in challenging environments with speed and simplicity
- Able to meet competing (and often, changing) deadlines with ease, accuracy and attention to detail, in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Able to remain calm under intense pressure, and capable of reacting to, and overcoming, conflicts that arise in any situation
- Exercise a high degree of professional and personal maturity, discretion, judgment and tact
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote), CRMs (like Salesforce, Dynamix, or Razor’s Edge, etc.) as well as Sharepoint, softwares.
- Willing to travel extensively and work outside of regular business hours
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.