Grow with WE
From investment in training, technology and the new WE Global Learning Center to enriched work and life experiences—such as staff service-learning trips every other year, subsidized by ME to WE, to visit WE Charity’s partner communities in Kenya, India or Ecuador—WE has developed a suite of unique perks that recognize and support our employees on their path to personal and career development.
In addition to a base salary, WE offers an industry-competitive total rewards package and a host of other benefits and perks, generally up to an annual additional value of $5,000. We’ve made it a priority to seek out in-kind and pro bono support from our partners, including GoodLife Fitness, ME to WE Social Enterprise and the major donors who funded the building of the WE Global Learning Center, in order to offer our employees a range of wellness initiatives and unique experiences.
Got more questions? Check out our FAQs.
Health and Wellness
Employee self-care is a priority at WE. That’s why we’ve developed a wide range of wellness programs for team members, including:
- Employee Assistance Program that offers mental health, wellness and work-life balance services.
- Extended health benefits, including prescription drug coverage and dental care.
- Flex-time and the opportunity to work remotely.
- Sustainable High Performance training workshops, as well as engagement with leading experts and regular sessions on self-care and mindfulness.
- Onsite yoga, aerobics, wellness and meditation classes, and a fully stocked gym at the WE headquarters.
- A physiotherapy room with a certified physiotherapist free for staff.
- Onsite bike parking, with lockers and shower facilities available in the office.
- Free fitness memberships with Goodlife Fitness in Canada, Energie Cardio in Quebec and 24 Hour Fitness in the U.S.
- Healthy snacks during busy seasons.
- Barista and coffee bar, along with coffee stations and kitchen areas for meal preparation and socializing.
- Bonus holidays, including your birthday off, and an extended holiday shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Day (which does not count toward allocated vacation days).
Training, development and career advancement
WE’s focus is on providing employees with the framework, tools and training they need to be successful. Our professional development support includes:
- Creating “Growth and Success Plans” with each employee to help clarify their roles and contributions, and be a catalyst for ongoing career conversations with their managers. An indicator that this is working—in our last employee survey, 83% of respondents stated they had clear goals and priorities.
- Offering TIGNUM “Sustainable High Performance” training workshops.
- Investing in an internal team dedicated to the learning and development of staff, who deliver sessions such as our three-day onboarding orientation and new managers’ bootcamp, as well as workshops on a range of topics, including people and time management, emotional intelligence and more.
- Creating shared learning experiences and collaboration through mentorships and one-on-one coaching.
- Access to a professional development fund, where staff can apply for up to $500 to apply to external training programs.
At WE, you’ll find extraordinary opportunities to enhance your work and life experiences, including:
- Staff trips every other year to WE Charity’s partner communities in Kenya, India or Ecuador—with all on-the-ground costs covered by ME to WE Social Enterprise.
- Travel and leadership opportunities to facilitate youth, corporate or family volunteer travel through ME to WE Trips—with all related costs covered.
- The chance to interact with and learn from WE’s network of celebrity ambassadors, thought leaders, social entrepreneurs and top corporate executives.
- Invitations to WE Day events, staff socials, parties and exclusive WE Day special experiences when working WE Day events across North America and the UK.
- Special offers and discounts on retail, dining and entertainment through WE corporate partners.
WE addressed issues identified in its first employee survey in 2015 when it developed a new, fully accessible headquarters in Toronto with dedicated space to serve the local community and offices for staff.
Fiber-optic internet is hardwired throughout the building, promoting collaboration and making it easy to stay connected with our team members and partners no matter their location. The building’s state-of-the-art film and broadcast studios allow WE to broadcast or webcast live video feeds around the world from its main-floor theater. There’s a health center with a full gym and wellness room. Along with a barista and main-floor coffee bar, there are also collaborative work spaces, coffee stations and kitchen areas for meal preparation and socializing throughout the building. WE headquarters were designed with 32 microclimates for optimal comfort and energy efficiency. Environmentally conscious fittings include carpeting manufactured from reclaimed fishing nets, and filtered water dispensers on every floor.