It’s about that time again. Summer’s winding down and everyone’s shifting into back-to-school mode. But before you start to feel those end of summer blues, take advantage of this last month to make sure your upcoming school year is packed with as much fun as your vacay. (On top of getting organized.) Bonus: DIY craft time with finds from around the house!
Below, 10 tips to prepare your mind, body and wardrobe for the new school year, while helping other kids around the world get an education, too.
2. Add one new activity to your morning routine that helps make you feel relaxed. For example, why not treat yourself to a leisurely cup of tea? Or, how about spending some extra time stretching before you roll out of bed? Basically, do your best to get your zen on before heading into class!
3. Can everyone say “craft time?” Grab some fun wrapping paper left over from your last birthday (or if you’re into doodling, opt for some blank sheets from the recycling bin) and create graphic covers for your textbooks.
4. Create a homework nook for yourself. Throw some cute pillows in a corner, put up your favorite poster and dedicate the spot to being productive.
Pucker up, Valentine! February: the time of Valentines and chapped lips. Make your Valentine’s kiss extra special—and extra soft—by concocting your own lip balm for chemistry that goes beyond the mixture of ingredients in this environmentally friendly beauty treat.
Flowers for everyone! What’s Valentine’s Day without flowers? Save some money—and the environment—by visiting a local arboretum with your boo to take in their beauty!
Take a bough! Let love take centre stage while you plant a tree with ME to WE cards.
6. Create a playlist to get your day started right. WE love anything Selena Gomez.
7. Reconnect with friends you haven’t spoken to much over summer vacation. Text friends who have been out of town and try to squeeze in one last summer hang out before it’s time to hit the textbooks, again!
9. Start a journal and start reflecting. You’re going to have an agenda to keep track of your homework, but what about all the other stuff that happens during the school year? Think about school dances with your friends and ideas for that Rafiki sale you’re planning… you’re going to want to remember that stuff!
10. Pick your motto for the school year. Take your time with this and think about how you want to be better. Maybe you want to slay your report card or just keep cool during exams. Our recommendation? Find a phrase that inspires you and stick it up somewhere in your room as a reminder of your goal! As for our motto, that’s easy: “Go back to school, change the world.”