“Be The Change” is our pioneering educational programme generously sponsored by our partner Virgin Atlantic. Through “Be The Change”, we offer free inspirational assemblies and workshops for schools. Your students can:
- Hear from young, dynamic speakers from WE
- Build leadership skills
- Create an action plan to make a difference in their local and global communities
Click here for further information about our incredible partnership with Virgin Atlantic.
An Inspiring Assembly
The assembly teaches students about current local and global issues, with a focus on the environment, and inspires them to take action on issues that they are passionate about. Through a multimedia experience, young, dynamic speakers from WE Day share personal stories that highlight the importance of active citizenship, and the power that one person has to change the world.
The presentation can be tailored to fit into an assembly slot or lesson time, and is suitable for primary or secondary students. It can be delivered to your whole school or a specific year group.
Following the assembly, a group of up to 30 of your students from Year 4 and above can take part in one of our free, interactive leadership workshops. These workshops can be tailored to suit your school timetable and to work with the needs of your students.
Divided into three modules, the workshops help students focus in on issues that they are passionate about and develop tangible action plans to address these issues.
Educate, Engage and Empower
All WE Schools programmes follow a model consisting of three main components: educate, engage, and empower. Each module in our workshops reinforces a specific element of this model.
- Through interactive activities, the issues module educates students about local and global issues. Students are encouraged to discuss structures of global inequality, explore reasons why these inequalities exist, and understand how local actions can have international ramifications.
- The leadership module boosts students’ confidence and enables them to develop vital skills in public speaking, team work and effective leadership, and practise these skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- The action planning module builds upon the skills developed in the leadership module and empowers students to take action on an issue that they care about, either locally or globally. Students identify an issue that they want to change, and create a detailed plan of action to tackle this problem.
- Following the workshop, your dedicated WE Schools Coordinator will mentor and support students to realise their action plans.
Book a “Be The Change” visit
We are now taking bookings for our free assemblies and workshops for the 2016-17 academic year. There are a limited number of spaces available, so book early to avoid disappointment by emailing [email protected] or calling 020 7978 5225.