Each year, hundreds of thousands of children and youth around the world partner with WE to take on local and global issues by: implementing WE Schools campaigns and events in their communities, attending WE Day traveling the world with ME to WE international service trips, learning leadership skills Take Action Camp and listening to inspirational ME to WE speakers.
The safety and well-being of the children and youth we partner with are our highest priority. That’s why WE sought out the expertise of Plan to Protect—an organization that is recognized as having the highest standard of abuse prevention and vulnerable-sector protection. Plan to Protect worked with WE to build policies and practices that ensure:
- All Children and Youth shall be protected and empowered as agents of change;
- All Children and Youth shall be protected from abusive behavior;
- All Children and Youth shall be protected from harassing behavior;
- All Children and Youth shall be protected from unauthorized disclosure of private information;
- Any exposure of Children and Youth to the recognition of corporate, foundational and governmental partnerships shall be thoughtful be dutiful, and prioritize the best interests of Children and Youth.
WE staff are routinely trained in our child protection policies, and the organization must recertify with Plan to Protect annually.
As part of our commitment to transparency, you can view our Plan to Protect certification, and read more about our child and youth protection policies, by following the links below.